Child Visitation Lawyers in Houston

When a divorce or separation involves a child, a parenting plan addressing their conservatorship must be presented to the court. If the parents are able to reach an agreement on the custody, visitation, and child support, this parenting plan will be submitted to the court for approval. If an agreement is not reached, then a trial will have to occur to establish one. Ultimately, a family court judge will review and approve a parenting plan that preserves the best interests of the child.

At The Larson Law Office, we offer creative and effective solutions designed to protect the rights and well-being of both you and your child. We will help you establish temporary orders during the divorce process and provide valuable insight on the complex Texas child custody and visitation laws in order to present an effective parenting plan to the court. For experienced Houston visitation attorneys who provide compassionate and assertive representation, contact our family law firm today.

Forming a Parenting Plan and Establishing Visitation Orders

Ideally, the parenting plan will be one of joint legal custody, providing the children with as much time possible with both parents. However, there are instances were a parent may only have the children for less than half of the time, needing the establishment of visitation orders. Visitation may vary depending on the best interests of the children, financial and social situations of the parent, and other factors.

If there are parenting issues involving drug or alcohol abuse, domestic violence, neglect, and other factors that may pose a threat to the children, a parent can petition to have the visitation orders modified. This can lead to a limitation on access, visitation, and may even award sole custody to one parent or guardian.

The first step to creating a parenting plan should be to speak with qualified Houston visitation attorneys who will protect you and your child’s best interests. The Larson Law Office is highly experienced in all aspects of Texas divorce and family law. We will achieve the best possible outcome for you and your child through negotiation or litigation.

Request a Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Enforcing Child Visitation Orders

Perhaps you are dealing with a vindictive or difficult former spouse or partner who regularly violates existing court orders for visitation or is prohibiting you from spending time with your children. If you need to enforce or modify visitation orders, our attorneys will work tirelessly to help you acquire the outcome you deserve. Remedies for bringing legal pressure include:

  • Holding the other parent in contempt
  • Jailing the other parent for failure to comply with the court’s orders
  • Assessment of attorneys’ fees and costs against the other parent.
  • Awarding you additional visitation time

How Do I Request Supervised Visitation for My Child?

There are cases in which it is not in the child’s best interests to spend time with a parent. You can petition the court to establish supervised visitations if the other parent is experiencing serious issues that can cause harm to your children. This includes:

  • Alcoholism
  • Drug use/addiction
  • Anger management issues
  • Domestic violence
  • Neglect of the child
  • Other problems that could be dangerous to the children

At The Larson Law Office, we will use our years of experience and extensive resources to acquire court orders that best protect the safety of your family. Call us today to discuss whether supervised visitation may be possible in your situation.

Speak with Our Houston Visitation Lawyers Today

If you are dealing with a situation that is prohibiting you from spending time with your children and need to modify visitation court orders, contact the experienced visitation attorneys of The Larson Law Office. Our lawyers will fight and protect you and your child’s best interests, bringing important issues to the court’s attention to ensure that your children are placed in a safe environment. Contact us today for a free, confidential case review. 713-221-9088