Tomball Divorce Lawyer
Deciding to end a marriage is never easy. Sometimes, however, divorce is ultimately best for all parties involved. While navigating the Texas divorce process is often complicated and emotionally draining, it’s important to remember that you don’t have to go through this alone.
If you are getting a divorce in or near Tomball, TX, and aren’t sure where to begin, the attorneys at The Larson Law Office are here to help. Use our guide below to learn when to consider hiring legal counsel, what qualities to look for in an attorney, and how an experienced Tomball divorce lawyer can help you protect your rights and interests moving forward.
When to Consider Hiring a Tomball Divorce Lawyer
Nothing requires you to hire a lawyer to assist with the Tomball divorce process. However, there are several scenarios in which doing so may benefit your case. Some examples of situations where you might consider hiring a lawyer for your Texas divorce include:
- High-conflict divorces where the spouses disagree on numerous issues and are not able to cooperate or discuss matters together amicably;
- Cases where there are concerns that one spouse may be hiding assets that might otherwise be subject to distribution between the parties;
- Divorces where one spouse is seeking maintenance, also known as spousal support or alimony;
- Complex financial matters, such as cases involving significant assets or debts;
- Divorces where children are involved, requiring custody, visitation, and child support; and
- Cases involving allegations of domestic violence where protective orders may be necessary.
That said, even in less complex divorces, having the assistance of experienced legal counsel can take some of the weight off your shoulders and make the process feel more manageable.
How a Tomball Divorce Attorney Can Help
While you can certainly represent yourself in your Texas divorce, the benefits associated with having qualified legal counsel on your side cannot be overstated. For example, an experienced Texas divorce attorney can help:
- Provide valuable legal expertise and insight into the divorce process to help you better understand your rights and obligations;
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of your case and provide you with objective advice to help you make informed decisions;
- Identify and value any marital and separate property to help ensure that any property is distributed in a fair and just manner;
- Prepare and file any necessary legal documents throughout the legal proceedings;
- Negotiate with your spouse and their legal counsel to reach a potential settlement regarding any disputed terms of the divorce;
- Represent you in any mediation or other alternative dispute resolution processes; and
- Prepare for and take your divorce to trial when an amicable resolution is not feasible.
In short, an attorney can help protect your rights and interests in an effort to help you reach the most favorable resolution possible.
What to Look for in a Texas Divorce Attorney
Choosing an attorney for your Tomball, TX, divorce is an important decision that should not be made hastily. As you consider your options, here are a few attributes and considerations to keep in mind before selecting a lawyer for your case:
- Experience in family law. It’s crucial to select an attorney with a background in family law. Due to the specialized nature and complexity surrounding divorce cases, having an attorney familiar with Texas divorce laws and local court rules and procedures is extremely important.
- Reputation and reviews. Reviews about someone’s experience with an attorney can provide valuable insight. Thus, don’t be afraid to seek reviews and testimonials from colleagues and past clients of any attorneys you may be considering.
- Availability and responsiveness. Divorces can be complicated legal disputes. This is why it’s so important to hire an attorney who is available, responsive, and able to devote the appropriate amount of time and attention to your case.
- Compassion and compatibility. You will likely spend many hours, days, and even months with your divorce attorney. Be sure to select someone who is not only compassionate and understanding of your situation but also someone with whom you get along.
By keeping these and other considerations in mind, we hope you can easily find a divorce attorney in or near Tomball, TX, who will be an excellent fit for you and your legal needs.
Types of Divorce Cases We Handle
Family law and divorce cases are our primary focus at The Larson Office. As such, we have handled nearly every facet of a Texas divorce. Below are just a few examples of the types of divorce-related issues we frequently handle:
- Temporary orders,
- Child custody,
- Child support,
- Spousal support (maintenance),
- Division of marital property,
- Post-decree enforcement,
- Modification of orders,
- Child relocation, and
- Protective orders.
Regardless of your goals, we are confident that we have the background and experience necessary to help you fight for your rights and interests.
What Sets The Larson Law Office Apart
Finding the right attorney to represent you can understandably feel overwhelming, with so many lawyers to choose from in or near Tomball, TX. To help make the decision easier for you, here are a few things that we think set our firm apart from the rest:
- Extensive experience. Founding attorneys Erik and Diana Larson have extensive experience in representing clients in Texas family law and divorce cases.
- Personalization. Personal service and individualized attention are core values for our firm, meaning that when you hire The Larson Law Office for your divorce, that is precisely who you will get—Erik or Diana Larson will always be your main point of contact to ensure you get the care and attention your case deserves.
- Respected by peers. The Larson Law Office is an AV® Preeminent™ Peer-Review Rated law firm, which is the highest rating for ethical standards, legal ability, and professional achievement given by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Highly rated. We are honored to have received many 5-star reviews and glowing testimonials from our former clients at the conclusion of their cases.
If you have questions about your case and how to move forward with your Tomball divorce, don’t hesitate to give us a call. Contact The Larson Law Office today to schedule your free consultation and see what our divorce attorneys can do for you.