Drafting a Parenting Plan: Topics to Consider
When dealing with a child custody case or divorce where children are involved, these Texas parenting rights and responsibilities will be included in the divorce decree or custody order. These rights and responsibilities can be independent or exclusive, with several permutations including:
- independently held;
- independently held with consultation of the other parent;
- independently held with the agreement of the other parent;
- exclusive to one parent with consultation of the other parent;
- exclusive to one parent with the agreement of the other parent required; or
- held by exclusively one parent with no consultation or agreement required.
Our attorneys can help you address these rights and responsibilities in your custody or divorce case.